Tuesday, August 25

Can't Find The Yarn? Dye Your Own!

Or more correctly, if you can't find the right yarn in your stash, dye some of your stock instead.

Recently inspired by Monty Knits who reminded me of the awesomeness of Double Knitting, I wanted to attempt to make my own scarf design and I wanted some grey or cream yarn and some blue, plus they needed to be long enough to make a scarf. However most of my stash consists of one ball of this and one ball of that or a packet of that colour but not of another... etc.

Anyway, in the end I remembered I stocked up on some undyed Blue Faced Leicester which fit the bill with one colour and so I dyed another ball in the blue I was after.... I may start doing this more often. Its definitely cheaper and this BFL feels really lovely too. So look out for future photos of that project!

Dyeyourownblue


In spinning news, Three more skeins up for grabs in the shape of two full skeins and one sampler, spun up from the dyed fibre I posted a few days ago. Still working through that stash!

Garden Zest
"Garden Zest" - English 56's Wool

PeachesandCream001e
"Peaches and Cream" - British Massam Wool

PeachesandCreamSAMPLER001a
"Peaches and Cream Sampler" - British Massam Wool


These will be up on Coriandr in the next few days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com