Saturday, March 22

New Item Added Today and Happy Easter :)

First up:

Seafoam


Seafoam has been added to my Etsy shop today. Its slightly chunkier than what is already on offer, but is still classed as aran/worsted weight.

In other news, i'm slowly working on some projects. Hand dying has kind of taken over, but i cant help it. Its definitely a labour of love.
As you can see two projects have been scrapped in the sidebar.
The Crochet Me shrug was scrapped, as I figured i could knit or crochet my own design and not have to buy expensive yarn to make it ( heck, i could use my own hand dyed yarn if i wanted).

And the Sirdar cardigan has been 'secretly' scrapped. I love Click and cabling is fun but i dont think i picked the right shade for the cardigan...its too dark to show off the cabling and seems a waste. Thats my own fault and i now have 10 balls of Click to play with... luckily Click is such a standard DK weight that im sure i can find something.... I need to find something! Just a standard knit cardi would be good.

The Roxy wrap needs attention. And photographs. The sleeves are done, and half a front XD. I think i will make this top priority .... right after a couple of things...

I have half a Bigga shoulder bag done. I think i will get the other half done tonight. Bigga is fantastic. It knits up so incredibly quickly. I think i did the first half in a matter of 2 or 3 hours!

Lastly.
I have hand dyed some sock yarn for myself.

Grapevine Sockyarn


This is more of a test than anything else. I want to know how colourfast my dye method is and whether or not the 75% Pure New Wool, 25% Polyamide blend will survive a 30 degree gentle wash cycle in the old washing machine.... i will be absolutely GUTTED if they felt but it is something that must be found out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com